23 Jun 2020 MOUNTAIN MARKET ADJUSTMENTS FOR COVID-19
Hello from the 2020 Mountain Market!
We are looking forward to having you with us at the Mountain Market for Arts & Craft this year on July 25 & 26, 2020, taking place atop the beautiful Monteagle Mountain! This event is one of the longest running and most popular craft markets in the Southeast, gathering mountain artisans and craftspeople in the shady Hannah Pickett Park for one special summer weekend each year.
As you know, we have had a Spring unlike any other. For many of our vendors this will be the first market of the year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, we are choosing to move forward with the market – safely and with a number of extra precautions so that we can keep you, our vendors, and our local community safe.
Below is a list of adjustments that are in place due to COVID-19, developed by consolidating information from the TN Department of Health, the TN Governor’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery Group, other crafts festivals, and industry partners.
ADJUSTMENTS FOR COVID:
- The Mountain Market will be encouraging a directional flow of traffic using additional signage, arrows, and maps.
- There will be only one pedestrian entrance into and out of the Park – this will be located near City Hall on the DuBose Street side.
- Signage will also include information to encourage customers to be aware of CDC guidelines.
- Masks are strongly recommended in compliance with current CDC and TN Government regulations. By adhering to this request, you are helping to make the market safer for the vendors (many of who are working hard to make this event successful), you and your family, and your fellow customers.
- Because of COVID-19, we are removing the prize giveaways this year. This is to help limit the transfer of items between persons, reducing potential exposure. We are looking forward to bringing back this tradition in 2021.
- To account for social distancing guidelines, we are working to ensure ample space between vendor booths and on walkways.
- All restrooms will be cleaned every hour; trash will be emptied regularly.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations available throughout the Park. Also, we have secured a donation of individual hand sanitizers to pass out to family groups as they enter the Park.
- We understand the ongoing pandemic is a new and unusual situation. We are doing all we can to work with vendors to provide flexibility as they monitor how COVID-19 affects their individual situation.
- We will be following any new CDC or state / local government guidelines that are added between now and the Mountain Market and will be in contact with you via email if there are any significant changes.
We value and appreciate those of you who return each year and are excited to meet those who are joining us for the first time.
See you on the Mountain,
South Cumberland Chamber of Commerce
For general visitor information, please click HERE!
For booth and vendor information, please click HERE!
Mountain Market for Arts & Crafts
July 25 – 26, 2020
Saturday 9 – 5 | Sunday 10 – 4
Located at: Hannah Pickett Park on Monteagle Mountain
16 Dixie Lee Avenue, Monteagle TN 37356
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS: