Sewanee lies on the mountainous Cumberland Plateau in the southeastern part of Middle Tennessee. It is best known as the home of The University of the South, founded by Episcopal Bishop-General Leonidas Polk (C.S.A.) and for the Sewanee Review, published there continuously since 1892. Nearby St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School, one of the oldest boarding-day schools in the South, is a private school for grades 6 through 12 with a student population of 100 boarding and 150 day students. The Templeton Library, which is to be the repository of the papers of financier Sir John Templeton, a native of the area, was recently built there.